When one or more checks are partially or fully unpaid, Shogo sets the day’s posting status to ‘OPEN CHECK’ instead of syncing the entry to the accounting system. Shogo then repolls the POS for several days to see if the check has been updated and paid fully. When there are no Open Checks left, Shogo will sync the entry to the accounting system. If you are unable to close out the check in your POS system, you can utilize the Open Check Override report to plug and balance the accounting entries. You can also use this report to review all the Open Check sales dates and reload the sales data. If you have an open check in your system that you would like to override, you may do the following to resolve the issue:
- Log into your Shogo account at https://app.shogo.io/login
- Navigate to: Reports>Open Check Override
- Select your company and date range to find your open check(s) and click the blue Search button
To reload sales dates with Open Checks, check off the dates you'd like to reload and click the "Reload" button.
If you are unable to close out the Open Checks in Toast, you can write off the open checks manually.
-Select an Account from the drop down box to which your Open Check(s) should be applied
- Check off the sales dates you'd like to write off
- Click Post
3. This will post your accounting for the days that were held due to the open checks. Accounting information will be posted in 30 minutes or less.
If you have any additional questions, please check our Online Knowledge Base at support.shogo.io, or let us know.